HOW TO APPLY
Period: February 17 – April 16, 2020
Applications must be accompanied by financial statements for the last two financial years*, and the Business must:
- Be registered as a sole proprietorship, partnership, limited partnership, limited liability partnership or private limited company in Singapore.
Be at least 30% owned by Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents.
Have an annual sales turnover of up to S$20 million as of the last financial year.
Have up to 10 years of business operations
To qualify for the Most Promising Startup Award, the Business must meet the following criteria:
- Have up to 3 years of business operations.
*For businesses that have only been in operation for a year, the financial statements required will be for the prior or current year. If you do not have a year's worth of financial statements, then the latest management accounts will suffice.
Steps To Apply
Emerging Enterprise Award
8 Wilkie Road
#03-08 Wilkie Edge
2. Submission format:
We do not accept faxed-in applications. Only original copies, photo-copied printed copies or scanned copies of the application will be allowed.
For more information, check out the FAQs.
By submitting an application for the Emerging Enterprise Award 2020 (the “Award”), we hereby declare that we have read, understood and agree to abide by the terms & conditions as follows:-
1. We permit and authorise The Business Times, OCBC Bank, RSM, Mastercard®, Singtel, ACORN Marketing & Research Consultants, Rajah & Tann Asia, Wavemaker and Enterprise Singapore (the “organisers/sponsors”) to use and disclose all information, data and materials submitted in connection with us and the Award, to contact us for the Award-related activities, conduct searches with any public registry or credit bureau, research and analysis which might involve third-party researchers and the publication of a report by third parties.
2. We agree and undertake to indemnify and hold the organisers/sponsors harmless against any claims, proceedings, damages, losses and costs (including legal fees on an indemnity basis) that may arise in connection with the breach of any terms, warranties and conditions herein or in the event that any representations and authorisation given in connection with the Award are untrue or invalid.
3. We agree that the organisers/sponsors shall not be liable for any damages, losses, costs, expenses, claims and liabilities (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential and whether foreseeable or not) arising out of or in connection with matters relating to the Award.
4. We agree upon the written request of the organisers/sponsors to provide clarification, supporting evidence and relevant company information should the organisers need to verify the data provided in the Emerging Enterprise Award 2020 application.
5. We agree, upon the written request of the organisers/sponsors to provide our actual and projected financial figures.
6. We agree to notify the organisers/sponsors in the event of any changes to our eligibility for the Emerging Enterprise Award 2020 and/or Best Innovation Award and/or Most Promising Startup Award 2020.
7. We agree that the judges' decision on all aspects of the Award including the shortlist, evaluation and the publication of the list of the Emerging Enterprise Award 2020 Finalists will be final. The organisers/sponsors are not under any obligation whatsoever to provide any reason or explanation to us.
8. We agree to notify the organisers in the event that we, our parent company or any of our subsidiaries have applied for its shares to be listed for quotation on the official list of a securities exchange as defined in the Securities and Futures Act (Cap. 289) on or before June 1, 2020.
9. We agree to provide details of any litigation cases against us and (where we are a company) our directors/partners/sole proprietors/related companies in the run-up to the publication of the list of the Award Finalists.
10. We agree to abide by the publicity schedules and guidelines stipulated by the organisers/sponsors in the run-up to and after the publication of the Emerging Enterprise Award 2020 Finalists, and we further agree that the organisers/sponsors have the discretion to amend such publicity schedules without prior notice to us.
11. We consent to the use by any organisers/sponsors of our information provided to the organisers/sponsors (including, without limitation, our name, logos, photos and/or video shoot) and media interview articles to be used in any publicity and/or advertising materials of any organiser/sponsor.
12. We agree to provide any relevant information requested by the organisers/sponsors in relation to us for purposes of inclusion in the Emerging Enterprise Award 2020 media promotions, press releases and marketing collateral.
13. We agree to abide by the rules/standards as may be determined by the organisers/sponsors regarding the usage of the Emerging Enterprise Award 2020 logo.
14. We agree that should we not accept any prize under the Award offered by the organisers/sponsors, we agree to forfeit all other prizes offered by the remaining organisers/sponsors.
15. We agree that the Emerging Enterprise Award 2020 and/or Best Innovation Award and/or Most Promising Startup Award 2020 may be revoked by the organisers/sponsors if they are of the view that we are in breach of any of the terms and conditions of the Award.
Whether you're looking for quick advice on taxes or loans, wondering how to make use of data analytics, or curious about how other SMEs motivate employees - ask any question at all here. Tap the wisdom of our panel of experts and the savvy of fellow SME owners and entrepreneurs now.