Six key points:
1) Deliver what you promise - it is the quickest way to ensure brand loyalty.
2) Purchase decisions are made for rational and emotional reasons. Remember that, and pay attention to both.
3) In today's world, consumers want brands to stand for something, not just be about selling them something.
4) If you make mistakes, own them, be 100 per cent open and honest, and make sure they don't happen again.
5) Be authentic in how you speak to and interact with your customers and potential customers.
6) Play the "long game:" loyalty isn't built overnight.